Praecipio Consulting is a business process and IT consulting firm specializing in the Atlassian product suite. We help the best software organizations and software businesses build better software. As Atlassian Solution Partners, we pride ourselves in serving our clients ranging from small startups to Fortune 20 and Global Fortune 10 companies with best-in-class ITSM, Business Process and SDLC solutions. We're a growing, fast-paced consulting firm and offer a competitive compensation and benefits package with a fun, positive learning environment.
As a Senior Consultant, you will work under a Solutions Architect and assist in the configuration and deployment of solutions utilizing the Atlassian product suite:
- Design, develop, and modify product add-ons and plug-ins based on functional and system requirements
- Lead in client requirements gathering, process analysis, deployment and user acceptance testing
- Provide documented guidance and recommendations in timely fashion
- Deploy and manage complex Atlassian and ancillary product implementations onto staging and production environments
- Lead in the configuration and testing of product implementations
- Communicate openly with Solutions Architect on progress and status, escalating issues and blockers in a timely manner to prevent or mitigate fall out
- Clear technical and other blockers for team members
- Work independently on medium to larger projects and assignments, often taking the leadership and project management role
- Some travel necessary to assist remote clients; most work completed remotely
- University degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems or equivalent
- Three to five years experience with software development, technology management and delivery, and/or IT operations
- An strong understanding of relational databases (MySQL, Microsoft SQL, PostgreSQL)
- Working knowledge of software version control systems such as Git, Subversion, and/or Mecurial
- Expert-level knowledge in Agile Development Principles and Team Software Development
- Expert-level knowledge in Test case development and test management
- Clear breadth and knowledge across various technologies with a clear depth in a handful of areas
- Strong working knowledge of ITSM best practices such as ITIL for service activities related to release management and testing activities
- Linux OS Administration expertise is required
- Ethics and Values – Adheres to a set of core values and beliefs during good times and bad, acts in line with those values. Practice what you preach.
- Integrity and Trust – Is widely trusted and is viewed as direct and truthful.
- Problem Solving – Solves difficult problems logically and with effective solutions.
- Self-Development – Is personally committed and actively works to continuously improve himself/herself.
- Humor – Has a positive and constructive sense of humor, is appropriately funny and can use humor to ease tension.
- Discretion - Has the ability to respect sensitive information.
- Intellectual Drive – Bright and intelligent, deals with concepts and complexity with ease.
- Composure – Remains cool under pressure, does not become defensive or irritated when times are tough.
- Drive for Results – Can be counted on to exceed goals and steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Fast Learner – Learns skills quickly with facing new problems, a relentless and versatile learner, open to change, and analyzes both success and failure for clue to improvement.
- Decision Quality – Makes good decisions based on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment.
- Perseverance – Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish.
- Creative – Finds solutions and new and unique ideas, easily makes connections and tends to be seen as value-adding in brainstorming sessions.
- Proactive – Thinks ahead and prevents potential issues and problems.
This position is currently unavailable
E-mail us your resume & cover letter (MS Word or Acrobat, please) and show us what you can do!
Praecipio Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or citizenship status.