JIRA’s an issue tracking application, but its core flexibility and strengths mean it can become much more than a tool limited to a development group. JIRA’s incredibly adept at helping teams track and accomplish tasks. JIRA also has a masterful ability to manage life cycles - and it’s found great success in numerous use cases.
The following use case guides are meant to explain a bit of the details related to using JIRA for a specific use case. The info you’ll find in here highlights much of what we’ve learned from working with clients in a variety of different industries, as well as our internal expertise and use of JIRA.
For each of these use cases, we’ll attempt to highlight:
- Particular JIRA functionality specific to the use
- Related plugins we’re aware of
- Customization and tweaks
- …and sometimes a sample file to help get you started
General and Non-Software Uses
Agile Software Development
HelpDesk / Support / Trouble Ticketing
Test Case Management
This can be done by using either of the following approaches:
- Use case and sample file: Integrate JIRA With A Test Case Management Tool
- Use case: Using JIRA for Requirements Management
- Use case: Using JIRA for Change Management